Monday, January 3, 2011

Half Acre Daisy Cutter Pale Ale

Half Acre is a small brewery in Chicago. I've been waiting to try some of their brews for quite awhile. They have some well regarded pale ales and IPAs.

Daisy Cutter Pale Ale is one of their year-round offerings. "A west coast Pale Ale chock-full of dank, aromatic hops. This one's a screamer, horde it," is what their site has to say about this beer. I'm a personal fan of hoppy beers or any craft beer that comes from a can. 


I gave this a vigorous pour into a pint glass. There was an impressive layer of fluffy white head that sat on top of the slightly hazy amber-orange beer. The aroma was filled with a menage-a-trois of citrus, pine, and grassy hops. It smells incredibly tasty and like a big beer. The same blend of hop aromas transitioned to the flavor as well, although the emphasis shifted to being more pine and grass heavy. This goes down as one of my favorite APAs. It's above average all across the board. Too bad I can't easily get my hands on more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment